File For Tax Extension Free Online - Forms and Applications
Need more time to prepare your tax return? File For Tax Extension Free Online.
Forms and Applications follow
About Tax Deadline Extensions:
This page provides information on how to apply for an extension of time to file. Please be aware that an extension of time to file your return does not grant you any extension of time to pay your tax liability.
Extensions for Individuals If you are not able to file your federal individual income tax return by the due date, you may be able to get an automatic 6-month extension of time to file. To do so, you must file Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return by the due date for filing your calendar year return (usually April 15) or fiscal year return.
Este formulario también está disponible en español- (also available in spanish)
. Special rules may apply if you are:
- living outside the United States
- out of the country when your 6-month extension expires, or
- serving in a combat zone or a qualified hazardous duty area.
- Form 7004, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax, Information, and Other Returns
- Form 1138, Extension of Time for Payment of Taxes by a Corporation Expecting a Net Operating Loss Carryback
- Form 2350 Application for Extension of Time to File U.S. Income Tax Return (For U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad Who Expect To Qualify for Special Tax Treatment)
- Form 4768 Application for Extension of Time to File a Return and/or Pay U.S. Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Taxes
- Form 5558 Application for Extension of Time to File Certain Employee Plan Returns
- Form 8809 Application for Extension of Time to File Information Returns
- Form 8868, Application for Extension of Time To File an Exempt Organization Return.
- Form 8892, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File Form 709 and/or Payment of Gift/Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax
Paying taxes is required for both citizens and non-citizens. Here are multiple Options for Filing your Tax Returns for Free
Do you want to file your taxes for free? Depending on how much money you make and other factors, you might have several choices for free filing online or in-person with volunteer help.
Quick list of free tax filing providers:
1. IRS Free File - Depending on income, you can use one of two options. If you make less than $57,000 adjusted gross income, the IRS Free File site will help match you to a company that will allow you to use its software for free to file your federal taxes. However, depending on the company, there might be a charge to file state taxes, or state tax filing might not be offered. Or, anyone of any income level can use Free File Forms, which are online versions of paper IRS tax forms, to file federal taxes.
2. The VITA Program and TCE Program - The Vita Program offers free in-person tax help for taxpayers who make $51,000 or less per year. The TCE Program offers volunteer help to taxpayers 60 and older, and specializes in pension, retirement and other senior tax issues. Most TCE sites are operated by AARP Foundation Tax-Aide.
3. Individuals and families with a combined income of $57,000 or less in 2012 can use MyFreeTaxes.com, offered through a partnership between the Walmart Foundation, Goodwill Industries, the National Disability Institute and United Way Worldwide. The service offers free online filing for federal and state taxes as well as in-person service at local tax help centers.
4. If you earn $31,000 or less in adjusted gross income or you are on active military duty and earn no more than $57,000 AGI, or you get the Earned Income Credit, you can file federal taxes using TurboTax Freedom Edition for free. In 23 states, you might be able to file state taxes for free, but if you live elsewhere there is a fee, payable by credit card.
5. At FreeTaxUSA.com, anyone can file a federal return online for free, but filing a state return does require a fee. There are no restrictions on income or age to use the service.
6. Anyone can file federal income taxes for free using TaxHawk. Taxpayers who make less than $20,000 in adjusted gross income can file state taxes for free, while others pay to file state taxes.
7. TaxAct.com provides free simple federal return filing for anyone, and state filing fee.
8. TaxSlayer.com - If you qualify to use form 1040 EZ, you can use TaxSlayer at no cost to file your federal returns. State filing costs at $17.90.
9 . Liberty Tax Service for filing a basic federal return for free or a state return for a small fee.
10. H&R Block At Home For Free Online - H&R Block offers free federal tax filing, and there is a fee to file a state return.
11. 1040.com - This site offers free federal filing for simple tax situations, including single or married taxpayers under 65 with no dependents, and taxable income under $100,000. There is a charge to file state taxes.